Rules, Regulations & Prizes
1. Each entry must include: (A) Completed entry form (or photocopy). All signatures must be original. (B) CD containing 1 song only. (C) Lyric sheet (please include English translation if applicable). Lyrics are not required for instrumental category. (D) Optional press kit (artist bio with a photograph). (E) Check or money order for US$35.00 (US currency only). If paying by credit card, US$35.00 will be charged to your account. Online Note: If you enter online, you do not need to mail in a CD, only MP3 files (or Soundcloud or YouTube videos) are needed. All entries must be postmarked by November 6, 2020 or earlier.
Mail all entries to: IAMA, 2881 E. Oakland Park Blvd, Suite 414
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33306, USA.
2. All songs submitted must be original. There must be at least an acoustic instrument (voice) in any song. Electric and Electronic instruments, along with loops is allowed but acoustic instruments (or voice) must be clearly heard in all songs submitted.
3. Contestants may enter as many songs in as many categories as desired but each entry requires a separate CD, entry form, lyric sheet and entry fee (For example: 7 song entries would cost $245.00). One check for multiple entries/categories is permitted. If you enter online, you do not need to mail in a CD. Entry fee is non-refundable. IAMA is not responsible for late, lost or damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen or misappropriated entries.
4. This competition is open to all amateur and professional musicians and songwriters and anyone regardless of nationality or origin. Employees of IAMA, their families, subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible. CDs and lyrics will not be returned.
5. Winners will be chosen by a Blue Ribbon Judging Committee comprised of music industry professionals including A&R managers from record labels, publishers and producers. Entries are judged equally on music performance, production, originality, lyrics, melody and composition. Songs may be in any language. Prizes will be awarded jointly to all performers and writers of the song. Division of prizes is responsibility of winners. The winners release sponsors from all liability regarding prizes won. Taxes are winners’ responsibility. Entrants and their collaborators will retain full rights to all work submitted for the competition.
6. Winners will be notified by e-mail and must sign and return an affidavit confirming that winner’s song is original and he/she holds rights to the song. Failure to sign and return the form within 30 days will result in immediate disqualification and an alternative winner will be selected. Entry constitutes permission to use winners names, likeness and voices for future publicity and advertising purposes without additional compensation. Winners will be determined by January 31, 2021. After which each entrant will receive a winners list by e-mail.
7. Prizes: Overall Grand Prize receives US$11,000.00 worth of merchandise, First Prizes in all categories win US$900.00 worth of merchandise and services, runner-up prizes in all categories receive US$600.00 worth of merchandise and services. All first prizes and runner-up winners will receive a track on IAMA compilation CD which goes out to radio stations.
8. IAMA reserves the right to extend the deadline of the competition. By submitting an application form to IAMA, entrant agrees to be bound by IAMA’s entry rules and regulations established herein.
9. Please write and print clearly and neatly.
PLEASE MAKE COPIES OF THIS APPLICATION FORM TO SUBMIT MORE ENTRIES! ENTER AS OFTEN AS YOU LIKE IN AS MANY CATEGORIES AS YOU WISH!